Three-chain polished brass pendant light with milk glass globe, c.1920s
Large exterior copper wall sconce with white slag glass panels, c.1910s
About Residential Relics
Our Service PledgeResidential Relics has been selling antique and vintage lighting and hardware in Minneapolis, Minnesota, for more than 25 years. We specialize in items that were built into homes from the late 1800s to the mid-1900s. We do not sell reproductions, nor do we put new shades on our vintage lights. We have made a sincere effort to accurately photograph and describe each item in our catalog, including any flaws or repairs, to let you know exactly what you are buying. Please call or text with any questions; we will respond quickly.
About UsOur passion is to help you find just the right light or accessory to complement and beautify your home.
Unless otherwise specified in the description, all of the lights we sell are rewired. All lights are inspected, lighted and tested before shipping. Electrical components (such as sockets and switches) are replaced when necessary. Mounting hardware is included. We recommend that all antique and vintage lighting be installed by a qualified electrician.
We generally preserve the original patina and tarnish that comes only with age, because we believe it adds value and beauty to a piece. We gently clean and wax our lighting and hardware, but do not alter the finishes. However, we may touch up small areas where finish is missing. We strive to accurately photograph and describe any wear or damage to the finish. If any of our antique and vintage lighting or hardware has been polished or repainted before we acquired it, this condition is noted in our product description.
If you would like to buy a fixture from us but need to have it lengthened or shortened, if you have special mounting requirements or desire any other alterations, please contact us to discuss your needs.
We are showing at Blake Antiques in Minneapolis, Minnesota. If you happen to be in the Twin Cities, contact us if you'd like to see any item posted on Ruby Lane. Local delivery can be arranged.
• ReSee Design’s Jay Nuhring selected our antique inverted dome chandelier for his client’s Lake Harriet bedroom makeover, featured in Minneapolis/St. Paul Home & Design magazine: “Eye on Design, One-Day Makeover” (Nov. 2019)
• “Insider’s Guide” resource for antique lighting in Minneapolis/St. Paul magazine: “Where the Experts Shop” (May 2013)
• Referenced in the resource directory of interior design expert Barty Phillips’ 2012 guidebook, “Vintage Lighting: A Collector’s Guide”
• Listed in Old House Interiors’ 2010 “Design Center Sourcebook.”
• Selected as a vintage lighting resource in the Fall 2010 edition of Arts & Crafts Homes magazine and the December 2014 edition of Old-House Interiors magazine.
• Named by local interior design professionals as one of six picks for vintage lighting in Minneapolis/St.Paul magazine: “Where the Experts Shop” (July 2003)
• Featured antique dealer in The Old Times newspaper article (Nov. 1998): “Residential Relics Preserves Original Building Fixtures.”
Call or Text: 612-425-7290
Copyright. All photographs and text are original to Residential Relics and may not be copied or reproduced for commercial use.