Wonderful pieces for every taste and occasion!
About A Backward Glance
Our Service PledgeI want you to be fully satisfied with your purchase - please do not hesitate to contact me if you are not delighted with your purchase!
About UsFrom the time I was 7 or 8, I gloried in going through the jewelry boxes of my mother, grandmother, aunts and great-aunts and trying on EVERYTHING. I asked questions, paraded around festooned with jewels, and loved organizing them and putting them away – my favorite ‘toys’.
Later, I worked in the theatre as a costumer before undertaking a career that took me into Wall Street board rooms. I have used jewelry in expressing character on the stage and seen its power in the corporate world. In my experience, jewelry can do many things beside simply ‘accessorizing’ your outfit.
• Eye-catching glamorous pieces draw attention to you the moment you walk into a room.
• Costumers and actresses use theatrical statement pieces large enough to be seen from audience (aka “runway”) to draw attention and help to punctuate a line or enhance a dramatic gesture.
• Simple pieces can subtly accentuate your best feature – for instance, a bright metallic or jeweled button earring can lift attention to your eyes and make them look brighter.
• An interesting one-of-a-kind piece will signal the education, taste and sophistication of the wearer.
• In the 19th century, fashion was used not only to impress but to ‘amuse’ – many lovely and whimsical pieces do just that.
• There are many more aspects, but I’ll end with a phenomenon I observed firsthand in the boardroom: High quality pieces of a certain weight and quality convey power and act as armour in the corporate world.
Don’t we all have an outfit or piece of jewelry that makes us feel stronger, more attractive and almost invincible? My interest, as I open my shop, is primarily on your reaction to a piece: how do you feel when you see it or wear it?
There are many, many modern designers and pieces that are exquisite. But sprinkling your jewelry wardrobe with vintage pieces that are more likely to be unique can enrich your experience of dressing. After all, we get dressed everyday so we might as well have fun doing it!
Please enjoy browsing my shop – I will continually search for pieces that beautify, empower, amuse, and attract.
Address available at time of purchase.