What are Cookies, how do I accept them and why must I allow them?
What are cookies and why does Ruby Lane keep asking me to accept cookies?
Browser cookies are small
packets of information that a web site stores on your computer for
on our site. If we are not receiving cookies from your browser, you
will not be able to sign in.
browser preference for cookies
is to warn you before accepting cookies, you will be prompted by your
browser to accept a cookie each time Ruby Lane sends
one. If you set your browser to accept all cookies, you will not be prompted by your browser to accept cookies.
How do I accept Cookies?
You can set your browser preferences to either accept all cookies or alert you each time a cookie is offered. For Ruby Lane, we recommend that you set your browser to accept all cookies. You can set this preference in your browser as follows:
Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10
1. On the menu bar click
Tools > Internet Options > Privacy
2. Click on the 'Sites' button
3. Type rubylane.com into the 'Address of
Website:' text box
Allow. - Once rubylane.com appears in the Manage Websites box you know that it has been added as a safe site for adding cookies
5. Click OK, then OK again to finish
2. Go to Settings in the Chrome menu
3. Under Privacy, click Content settings...
4. Under Cookies, make sure the "Allow local data to be set (recommended)" radio button is selected
Current Versions of Firefox automatically accept cookies. You would need to specifically block rubylane.com in order for cookies to not be accepted.
1. Open Safari
2. Go to Preferences in the Safari menu
3. Click Privacy
4. Under Block cookies option, choose 'From third parties and advertisers' to enable cookies while keeping a moderate level of security
5. Close the window
Note: For iPads, tablets and other Internet enabled mobile devices, view instructions regarding cookies in the manufacturer's documentation that came with your device.
Only Ruby Lane cookies can be seen by Ruby Lane servers. We cannot view any other cookies.
If the date/time on your computer is not correct, your cookies may not work correctly.
Another cause of cookie problems is security software installed on your PC, or if you are on a shared network, there may be security software installed on the machine that supplies your Internet connection. That software needs to be configured to accept cookies from rubylane.com if you wish to use our site effectively.
What should I do when your website says I am not
It is important to make sure the security software you may have
is not preventing your computer from accepting cookies. We
recommend that you check any anti-spyware as well.
The link below may help you make sure that cookies are working:
Click Here to View all the questions in New Visitors
| Related Questions
- How do I contact Customer Support?
- Can Ruby Lane purchase, identify or appraise my items?
- How does one qualify to become a Ruby Lane Shop?
- Is there a Shop Rating System?
- What does it mean if a Ruby Lane Shop is Exclusive?
- Does Ruby Lane accept reciprocal link suggestions?
- What is a 'responsive' website?