Amber glass bottle, 7 1/2" tall, 2 1/4" square, circa 1880 - 1890, embossed on the front panel Armour & Co. Digestive Ferments Chicago. The bottle has flange lip, original cork stopper, has some residue from original contents, the molded glass seam ends at base of neck. The Digestive Ferment firm of Chicago changed it's name in 1900 to the Armour Pharmaceutical Co. Philip Danford Armour, founded Armour & Company in Chicago, in 1867. It soon became one of the worlds largest food processing and chemical manufacturing companies. Armour Chemical Industries included drugs, soaps, fertilizers and other chemical products. Food processing by-products were the primary source for their medicines. Earlier ones included wine of beef and iron, fluid and extracts of beef, nutritive wine beef peptone, digestive ferments, desiccated thyroids, pituitary body, beef tea and elixir of enzymes. Considering the age this bottle shows well, it has two very small chips at the lip. The bottle has been cleaned on the interior and exterior. See photos.
To purchase with MC or VISA please call Drury House Antiques 802-824-4395 EST or use PAYPAL or use PAYPAL 802-824-4395 EST We combine shipping and insurance on multiple orders whenever possible
Need Help With Your Drury House Order Call 802-824 4395 EST Between 8AM - 8PM
After Christmas Sale, Final Days, Marked Sale Price is UP- TO 50% OFF on 1500 Antiques Clocks, Collectibles, Advertising