Amber glass apothecary bottle, tooled finish ring at the top, short neck, wide mouth, 3 3/4” tall, 2” diameter at base, hard rubber top is embossed Evans, cork sheath stopper extends into mouth of bottle, cork stopper is paper wrapped. On the front is standard company label, applied paper label marked POISON, with typed in product name Pulv Autumn Crocus. Autumn crocus is an extremely toxic plant therefore it required POISON markings. The plant and its extracts were used to treat gout and related inflammatory disorders . In 1902, Evans Sons, Lescher and Webb (later Evans Medical Ltd.), was founded by merging the earlier Evans wholesale drug firms in Liverpool and London. Evans Sons, Lescher and Webb was registered on 17 October, to acquire certain businesses of wholesale and export druggists. In 1907, the company began to make biological medicines for humans and animals; these included sera and antitoxins for diphtheria, tetanus, and meningitis. It worked closely with Liverpool University Medical School, with whom it jointly administered the Incorporated Liverpool Institute of Comparative Pathology. The company took over the Institute as a branch when the latter was faced with closure in 1911. At the 1922 British Industries fair they were listed as an Exhibitor under the heading of Manufacturers of Fine Chemicals; Drugs; Pharmaceutical and Toilet Preparations; Vaccines; Pills; Tablets, etc. (Stand No. A.9). In 1945 the name was changed to Evans Medical Supplies. See photos.
To purchase with MC or VISA please call Drury House 802-824-4395 EST
Need Help With Your Drury House Order Call 802-824 4395 EST Between 8AM - 8PM
FINAL SALE DAYS Marked Sale Price is UP-TO 50% OFF or More on 1600 Antiques, Collectibles, Jewelry