Amber glass, rectangular pharmacy bottle 1 ounce size, Jersey City, N.J. manufacturer Reed & Carnrick, in business just after the turn of the century at this location. Originally established as Reed, Carnrick & Andrus in the 1860’s, in 1870 they changed their name to Reed & Carnrick, and by 1881 both Reed and Andrus had left the company. Bottle is empty, 3 1/2" including original cork stopper, 1 1/4" by 1 1/2". Has sloped square shoulders, short neck and bead ring top, typical for medicine bottle of the time. Printed wrap around paper label, contains DOSE and FORMULA information. Protonuclein Powder, odorless and tasteless, was used in the treatment of wounds or lesions of the skin where there is danger of infection. It had antitoxic and nutritive value. In 1902 it was introduced for the treatment of TB. Also used in the treatment of scarlet fever, wasting, typhoid, malaria, malnutrition. See Photos.
To purchase with MC or VISA please call Drury House Antiques 802-824-4395 EST or use PAYPAL