A ribbed 8oz cobalt glass poison bottle, with traces of the label remaining. It carries the wording 'POISON NOT TO BE TAKEN', as well as the ribs which would indicate to the partially sighted, or maybe when the bottle was being handled in the dark, that the contents were dangerous. Very slight chip under the letter K in 'TAKEN', otherwise remarkably undamaged. This was probably dug from the ground. I have rinsed it out but there are some small remaining traces of earth inside the bottle, which you can see in the photos. It measures about six inches in height.
Please take a look at all the full-size photos, as they give a very clear indication of condition.
29 other shoppers have this item in their Cart or Wish List
Antiques, Collectables, Jewellery, Prints and Books.
From Scotland to you ~ with love