For your consideration, a watercolor and pencil painting by listed California artist Jack Laycox (1921-1984), circa late 1960’s. This fine unframed watercolor, is in excellent condition, measures 38cm x 28cm (14” x 11”), and is signed by the artist. Jack Laycox was a California based illustrator of the highest order and this animated modernist work is a fine example of his figure studies. The work has a wonderful feeling of motion and spontaneity and is from Laycox’s most productive and creative period. One of the finest nude studies by this mid-century American artist, and sure to look striking in your mid-century environment.
Jack Laycox grew up in Northern California and after receiving a Bachelor of Arts degree, took a job producing technical illustrations for the Atomic Energy Commission. During the 1950s and 1960s, he did commercial illustrations for the Donald Art Company. Throughout his career, Laycox has produced fine art watercolor paintings and lectured on art. He has exhibited in American Watercolor Society annuals and been active in regional Northern California art clubs and shows.
Jack Laycox (1921-1984)...Born: Auburn, CA
Corporation Patrons include:
• Cargil Corporation, Minneapolis, Minnesota,
• Ethyl Corporation, Baton Rouge, Louisiana. and
• Clorox Corporation, Oakland, California.
• International Business Machines,
• Hanover Trust Company and the
• National Science Foundation.
• Delta Air Lines
• Williamhouse Regency Cards for a series of water colors
• General Tire International Corporation
Museums and Publications:
• DeYoung of San Francisco,
• Royal Watercolor Society of London
• National Academy AWS Annuals in New York City.
• Book: "Dramatic paintings From Familiar Scenes" and Limited Edition Prints by Gallery Americana publications.
* The Fresno Art Center.
* San Bernardino County Art Museum.
* Zellerbach Center, San Francisco.
* Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum, San Jose.
* Crocker Museum of Art in Sacramento.
* The Brand Art Museum in Glendale, California.
* The Society of Western Artists Annuals in San Francisco, Ca.
* The Wichita Centennial in Wichita Kansas
* The Palace of Fine Arts Festival in San Francisco
* The Contemporary American Art Exhibitions in Tokyo and Kyoto, Japan
* The American Watercolor Society in New York City.
* The West Coast Water Color Society Annual
* The Royal Watercolor Society of London, and many others.
Artist Name: Jack Laycox (1921-1984)
Signed: Signed, no date
Size: 38.1cm x 28cm (15” x 11”),
Medium: watercolor, pencil, on heavy Archives paper
Subject: nude study
Original Watercolor Nude by Jack Laycox, Listed Artist