Kellogg Brush Manufacturing Company in Westfield Massachusetts made a variety of household brushes. Until the mid-1940’s all their products were made by hand in their factory. Beginning in 1947, Kellogg Brush began to develop the machinery and processes to automate the manufacture of household brushes, mops and dusters. On October 16, 1956 the company was granted the trademark “Kellogg Quality” written in script within a circle. In the mid-1960’s Kellogg Brush moved its manufacturing to an expanded facility in Easthampton, MA.
Yellow Garage dealer The Acorn Post is featuring a mid-century Kellogg Brush Manufacturing Company two-sided wooden point of sale display. The floor standing display was used by various retailers to promote a representative variety of Kellogg brushes and also held a sample of the brushes for sale. The each side of the free standing wooden display exhibits the Kellogg Quality logo at either end of the title “LABOR SAVING BRUSHES”. Along the lower edge of the rack are hooks labeled “DISH” “MOP” “VEGETABLE” “BOTTLE” “BOWL” “PASTRY” “VEGETABLE” “TUMBLER” above the appropriate part number and price. The display is 17” wide and 22 3\4” high. This point of purchase display is an interesting example of how a manufacturer promoted and sold their products in mid-century America.
Mid-Century Kellogg Brush Manufacturing Co. Two-Sided Point of Purchase Display