A wonderful 19th century spice and herb box, which was created by the manufacturer's co., D.&L. Slade Co., once located in the Boston, Mass. Area. It is composed of wood and is finger jointed. The graphics are very interesting with paper labels. On the top of the box, the label reads, "Certificate of Purity, " dated Oct.18,1888, by Griffin, Little, Analytical Chemists. Another paper label has the spice, Mace, displayed. Inside the box, there are very fainted faded images of where the spice jars were once stored. The condition of this box does show signs of wear commensurate with the age.
Dimensions: It measures approx. 7" in length, 5 1/2" in width and 3 1/2" in height.