This gorgeous fiddle pattern electroplated basting spoon has the mark "M" "&" "N" with a crown; along with "EP" which was the mark of Richard Martin & Naylor in Fargate, Sheffield from 1849-1852. They merged with Roberts & Hall and became known as Martin, Hall & Co. in 1852. The use of the "crown" marking was forbidden beginning around 1895 so as not to confuse customers as to the nature of the metal alloy used. This is certainly a treasure from history!
It's in very good condition. It is 13 ¾ inches long and 2 ¼ inch wide. It weighs approximately ¼ pound.
7 other shoppers have this item in their Cart or Wish List
Treasures from History
Please feel free to make an offer!