This Service for six consists of 14 pieces, including the large serving knife and fork and also including six individual knives and six individual forks in the original leather-covered wood presentation case which is velvet and satin lined.
A handsome set hallmarked and worked in electroplated nickel silver (EP NS) with celluloid handles and finely engraved blades. This combination offers an elegant service certain to enhance any table set for luncheon or dinner. The set is just right for the collector that appreciates the workmanship of the English silversmiths. The handles are highly polished and the blades and tines have light engraving. This pleasing pattern would blend with a wide range of silverware patterns.
The original paper label from "Sanders & Co. Ltd, Silversmiths and Jewelers, 188-190 High Rd, Streatham, SW" is conspicuously displayed. Sanders & Co. Ltd., Jewelers in Brixton Road was begun in 1905 by Sidney Sanders and William Metherell with the opening of a shop at 87 High Road, Streatham. The Brixton branch was opened c.1908 and became the firm's headquarters. Please note some loss of the leather on the exterior of the case.
Please see photo for the hallmark which includes a picture of a tree (?) between the letters "EP and NS".