Note: ONE OF THE RUBIES IS CHIPPED BUT BARELY NOTICEABLE WITH NAKED EYE.
This very unusual looking ring is a vintage piece that I acquired instantly, caught by its unusual attractive looks. I could not find any reference about it in terms of design, combination of materials. It is a large and bold cocktail ring, part of the setting handcrafted in 18 karat solid gold and part of it in sterling silver. The large rose cut bezel set champagne diamond, the channel set emeralds and the bezel set cabochon rubies are set in 18 Karat solid yellow gold. The smaller round cut white diamonds are prong set in silver. The under gallery in crafted in 18 karat gold, the sides are partially crafted in 18 karat gold. The rest of the band is made in sterling silver and easy to be adjusted in size by any jeweler. The ring does not have any marks and I acid tested it for 18 karat gold and sterling silver.
* Measurements of the face of the ring are: N-S is 22 mm, E-W is 23 mm. The band of the ring tappers to the back from 6 mm to 4 mm.
* The large rose cut CHAMPAGNE DIAMOND (in the shape of a triangle with a rounded corner) has the following measurements: 10 mm wide x 10 mm long x 2.5 mm thick in the middle. Based on these measurements and consulting calibrated size charts, the approximate weight for this large diamond is between 2 carat and 2.25 carat. This large diamond has flaws and inclusions, but is very very sparkly and you can see through it when you check it with a loupe.
* The bezel set 3 RUBIES are natural genuine rubies, cabochon cut and polished, not enhanced or gas filled. Their approximate measurements are 5 mm x 3 mm. One of them is a tad smaller. Their approximate total carat weight is around 0.90 carat. ONE OF THE RUBIES IS CHIPPED BUT BARELY NOTICEABLE WITH NAKED EYE.
* The channel set 5 EMERALDS are natural, not color enhanced. Their approximate measurements are 2.5 mm x 2.5 mm with an approx. carat weight of 0.125 carat per piece. The total weight for the 5 emeralds is 0.625 carat.
* The prong set round 18 WHITE DIAMONDS are 2 mm in diameter with an approx. carat weight of 0.03 carat per piece. The total weight for the 18 white diamonds is 0.54 carat.
These smaller diamonds are nicely faceted with a large table. They are very very sparkly despite the fact that they have flaws.
* Size of the ring is 6, easy to be sized by your jeweler if necessary. Weight of the ring is 7.4 grams.
* Total carat weight of the precious stones is over 4 carat.
* Condition of the ring is very good vintage with a light patina that I did not clean.
Sparkly Unusual Spectacular Handcrafted Vintage Ring 18 Karat Solid Gold and Silver Large 2 carat Champagne Diamond Emerald Rubies Size 6