These antique coral earrings are RARE and VIBRANT authentic pieces crafted by the end of the 19th Century in Oaxaca Mexico. They are truly rare crafted in old gold. Looking for similar pieces, I was able to find only the cannetille design and the filigree design, but not this style that I list for sale now. I bought them longtime ago at a well regarded Antique Show in Los Angeles.
* The gold acid tests strongly at 10K gold but I am inclined to say that 12K content is more appropriate for the gold that was used crafting these earrings.
* The earrings are substantial in form and dimensions at 2 1/8" long X 3/4" wide x 3/8" thick.
* Their weight is 11.9 grams.
* The large barrel shape Mediterranean coral beads are slightly different in thickness. Their measurements are: 15 mm x 8.5 mm and 15 mm x 9.5 mm.
* Their condition is lovely, very good antique, ready to wear. I did not clean them at all and they are still shiny and attractive when worn.
Antique VIBRANT Mediterranean Natural Undyed Red Coral Long Earrings 10 Karat Gold