Spode Red Roses Covered Vegetable Serving DishSpode Red Roses Covered Vegetable Serving DishSpode Red Roses Covered Vegetable Serving DishSpode Red Roses Covered Vegetable Serving DishSpode Red Roses Covered Vegetable Serving DishSpode Red Roses Covered Vegetable Serving DishSpode Red Roses Covered Vegetable Serving DishSpode Red Roses Covered Vegetable Serving Dish

Josiah Spode established Spode in 1770. In 1833, the firm was purchased by William Copeland and Thomas Garrett and the company name was changed to Copeland Spode. In 1847, Copeland became the sole owner and the mark changed again. W.T. Copeland & Sons continued until a 1976 merger when it became Royal Worcester Spode

Offered is this truly beautiful Late Spode “Red Roses” pattern covered vegetable bowl. It is over 10 inches in diameter and about 7 inches high. The intricate floral design consists of pink roses, contrasting green foliage, and blue, yellow and pink cosmos’ with a lacy background to add balance. It’s really a visual feast of color and complimenting figures. The bowl also has a gently lipped edge which captures the lid. It is marked on the underside of the lid , “Copeland , Late Spode, Garret” . The hand written numbers on the bowl and lid do match.

This console bowl is in excellent condition and free of flaws or condition problems but there is some table use wear and the rim is slightly rough. Our guess is that this wonderful vegetable bowl originates from the mid 1800's.

ITEM ID
TSUS-121314-1
TYPE
Pottery
CREATOR
Spode
PURPOSE
Dishes
ITEM TYPE
Antique
COLOR
Red

Spode Red Roses Covered Vegetable Serving Dish

$310

Add to Cart
Email Shop Owner

Another shopper is interested in this item


    Beautiful Antiques, Fine Art, Clocks, and Toys at Reasonable Prices
    A friendly shop located in rural Northern Illinois.

    since 2011

    Shipping:
    USPS Priority Mail
    $12.95 USD
    Insurance:Included
    Est. Sales Tax:TBD
    Shipping to: USA
    change


    Caroline & Lucy's


    Ken and Carol Eichholz
    Polo , IL Gold Gold Ruby Lane Exclusive since 2011