This lovely 2 cup stoneware pitcher was used as an advertising premium during the late 1890's by the H. Wichert Company which was located on Lake Street in Chicago. The company advertised "Pure Table Condiments" and were makers of mustards, pickles, pepper, and horseradish as well as a large variety of other condiments. This pitcher looks unused, and besides the character of the glazing, has no obvious flaws or defects. The pitcher is nearly 6 & 1/2 inches tall and will easily hold 2 cups or 16 ounces of liquid.
The H. Wichert company was established during the 1870's and was located on 83 W. Lake Street in Chicago. Mr. Wichert died in 1899.
Beautiful 1890's Mocha Brown Stoneware Small Advertising Pitcher