Featured is this hard to find ceramic piggy bank made in the early 1940's by the Lefton Company. It is "cold painted" and some of this paint is missing, but the bank is in excellent condition and free of chips or cracks. The bank is slightly over 6 inches tall and is clearly marked on the back with an encircled "C" which was rarely used by Lefton during the early 1940's.
If you are curious: George Lefton was a Hungarian immigrant who arrived in Chicago in 1939. Mr. Lefton had a passion for collecting fine porcelain and in 1941 he started a new company in Chicago and named it after his family.Vintage Lefton products have a wide variety of marks and sometimes paper labels. Marks include the words Lefton's, Lefton China, Geo. Z. Lefton, G.Z.L., just the letter "L" and the little known and rarely used "C" inside a circle.
4 other shoppers have this item in their Cart or Wish List
Beautiful Antiques, Fine Art, Clocks, and Toys at Reasonable Prices
A friendly shop located in rural Northern Illinois.