Purinton Pottery began as East Liverpool Pottery, but the name was changed in 1939 to honor the family owners. They specialized in hand decorated dinnerware and employed about 100 people in 1941. The company moved from Ohio to Clarion County in Pennsylvania, where some of the decorative influence came. Purinton closed in 1959, because of the inexpensive imports that flooded the market. This nice set of salt and pepper shakers feature one of their most popular patterns called simply "Apple." They are in excellent condition and have what appears to be their original corks. Each is nealy 2 1/2 inches tall.