This is one beautiful antique ring, featuring an exquisite array of half-seed pearls and two brilliant red ruby spinel stones. The ring is made from lovely 15 karat rose gold hallmarked "15" and .625.
There are two other hallmarks on the band; these include a small anchor on its side and an uppercase "O". The anchor shows assay office Birmingham, England, and the "O" date stamp with flattened corners corresponds to 1863.
As you can see, the ring is in remarkable condition considering its age, exhibiting virtually no darkening and only some minor flea-bite scratches.
The setting is frequently referred to as a gypsy or "star" setting; typically characterized by stones being flush with their surrounding metal.
Each shank is simply carved, offering a bold enhancement to the four half-seed pearls and gorgeous round-cut ruby spinels. The stones are set with an open back to show off the color and brilliance. They are sparkling and bright and have the most wonderful color.
With its beauty and old-world elegance, this ring will be a fabulous addition to any collector's antique jewelry wardrobe.
Measurements: Size: 7 ¼ Pearls measure 1 ½mm in diameter, gemstones measure 2mm in diameter Face: 7 ½mm wide Band: 3mm wide Weight: 2 grams