Boylston Antiques is Proud to Offer for Sale
A T-Back Bird's Eye Maple Rocking Chair C. 1900-1915
This T-back rocking chair has been meticulously restored. The wood is a Bird's Eye Maple veneer and solid Maple. The joints are solid. This would be a wonderful addition to a Bird's Eye Maple Bedroom Set.
* The top crest rail, back splat and double lower rails are fronted in Bird's Eye Maple Veneer.
* The cane seat has been restored.
* The top crest rail has a lovely serpentine arch.
* The back splat is gently curved, extending to the top lower rail.
* The top crest rail height is 35 1/2" from the floor.
* The rear of the seat sits 14 1/2" from the floor.
* The seat is 16 1/2" wide at the front, tapering to 13 1/4" at the rear.
* The seat depth is 16 1/4".
A crack in the right stile has been professionally restored (see photo). A chip in the crest rail veneer has been professionally restored (see Photo).
This chair may be picked up in Boylston, MA. Pick up expected within 14 days of close of auction; items not picked up within 30 days are subject to forfeiture.
We can arrange for delivery within 100 miles Please e-mail for a delivery estimate with your location and particulars.
All items are sold "as is". These are antique pieces of furniture; small nicks and scratches are part of the beauty of an antique and are not described unless significant. Please ask any questions prior to offering to buy.