Presented for sale is a pair of mid 19th century German KPM porcelain 2-part bolted urns with covers. The urns reflect the Neoclassical style featuring ram’s head handles, floral encrusted garlands and scenic hand-painted landscapes enhanced with gilt. They are painted with finely executed Napoleonic battle scenes and richly embellished in vivid hues of turquoise and pink They urns are raised on bolted socles and finished with domed covers topped with fruit-laden cherubs.
KPM porcelain, also known as the Royal Porcelain Manufactory of Berlin was founded in 1763 by King Frederick II of Prussia. From the beginning it was known as “white gold” for its pure white hard paste body. The famous scepter mark of KPM is one of the most recognizable of all porcelain marks and it is revered by collectors the world over.
The urns are in very good condition with chips to some of the smaller flowers, and restoration to some of the flower petals, tips and the arm of one cherub.
Size: 18” Height by 8” Width (handle to handle).
Pair Of 19th C. Neoclassical Bolted KPM Porcelain Urns With Covers