We would like to present an exquisite English Royal Crown Derby Plate produced between 1877 and 1890. The plate is hand painted in Imari fashion with a deep cobalt stepped up gilded background decorated with apricot medallions.
Derby Porcelain, one of England’s most famous potters, began on Nottingham Road in 1756. King George III granted Derby the prestigious right to incorporate the crown into their backstamp. In 1877, they moved to Osmaton Road, which began their modern period and the use of their present name, Royal Crown Derby. This backstamp was used between 1877 – 1890.
The plate is in near perfect condition with perhaps a minute amount of gilt loss that is hardly noticeable.
Size: 9 ¼” Diameter.