Originally formed as the Cleveland Pottery and Tile Company by designer, potter and teacher R. Guy Cowan, the Cowan Pottery Studio, which operated from 1913 to 1931, produced outstanding and technically extraordinary pieces, which brought international recognition to American Art Pottery. The expertise of the talented artists and chemists in residence allowed them to create distinctly modern forms and glazes during its short-lived existence which have never been reproduced.
This wonderful pair of Cowan Seahorse candlesticks, shape #716, circa 1926 - 1928, are glazed in Cowan's special ivory glaze, and are in mint condition, free from chipping, cracking, crazing or restoration.
Marked at the base with the die-impressed Cowan logo.
Each H 4.5", W 2.75", L 4.25".