Originally formed as the Cleveland Pottery and Tile Company by designer, potter and teacher R. Guy Cowan, the Cowan Pottery Studio, which operated from 1913 to 1931, produced outstanding and technically extraordinary pieces, which brought international recognition to American Art Pottery. The expertise of the talented artists and chemists in residence allowed them to create distinctly modern forms and glazes during its short-lived existence which have never been reproduced.
This gorgeous and monumental footed scalloped bowl, shape #727 circa 1926, is glazed in Cowan's Special Ivory with a beautiful Apple Blossom Pink interior glaze, and features wonderfully detailed Seahorses bracketing each end. This wonderful elliptical bowl is in mint condition, with only minor crazing visible under enhancement.
Marked at the base with the die-impressed Cowan logo.
H 4.5", W 6", L 16.5", base 7.5" x 4.75".
35 other shoppers have this item in their Cart or Wish List
Funny name, serious pottery!