This wonderful Villeroy and Boch Trinket Box is still in its original box
and cover. It commemorated the 250th anniversary of the Company, which was founded in 1748. It is in excellent condition with no flaws. It depicts the factory as it was in Luxemburg. It measures 3" diameter and is 1 ½" tall.
The company began in the tiny French village of Audun le Tiche, where François Boch set up a pottery company with his three sons in 1748. Later, the company moved to nearby Luxembourg, where it operated a porcelain factory until 2010. In 1801 the company moved to the nearby town of Mettlach, Germany. On 14 April 1836, the Jean François Boch company merged with that of a competitor, Nicolas Villeroy, and became Villeroy & Boch.