Federal Hepplewhite style mahogany shield back chairs with king wood or satin wood stringing outlining and bordering the shield back, legs and arms. The front seat rail is serpentine shaped. This is a classic design of Hepplewhite, Sheraton, Duncan Phyfe aa all used this design.
This set is not the usual common grade you fined in many shops. These are quality chairs.
The arms are well shaped as are the rest of the elements of the chairs. Not your basic set but a high styled set made around 1890-1910.
This is a set of 8 with two armchairs.
Condition is as follows:
1. There are nicks at the edges and bottoms of the legs, mostly to the front legs.
2. These were in use so there is a buildup of dark old polish. This will remove with waxing.
3. The seats will need to be upholstered.
4. The wood is in good condition and will wax and polish well.
5. The chairs are tight.
6. The backs are not broken and we find no old repairs.
There are no offensive smoke or musty odors.
Priced as shown.
58 other shoppers have this item in their Cart or Wish List
American Antique Furniture at fair prices
American Antiques and Expert Restorations