Vintage Hermès Chasse En Inde Silk Scarf In Original BoxVintage Hermès Chasse En Inde Silk Scarf In Original BoxVintage Hermès Chasse En Inde Silk Scarf In Original BoxVintage Hermès Chasse En Inde Silk Scarf In Original BoxVintage Hermès Chasse En Inde Silk Scarf In Original BoxVintage Hermès Chasse En Inde Silk Scarf In Original BoxVintage Hermès Chasse En Inde Silk Scarf In Original BoxVintage Hermès Chasse En Inde Silk Scarf In Original BoxVintage Hermès Chasse En Inde Silk Scarf In Original BoxVintage Hermès Chasse En Inde Silk Scarf In Original Box

Vintage Hermès Chasse En Inde Silk Scarf In Original Box

Complete with its original Hermès box and in pristine condition, this vintage 90cm (34 1/2-inches) silk scarf features an intricate pattern by Michel Duchene titled, "Chasse En Inde," (Hunting In India).

From Hermès: Designed in 1985 for the Year of India, Chasse en Inde is inspired by a silk bed throw embroidered with gold thread from Benares. It was displayed in the dining room of the Indian Ambassador to France as a decorative wall hanging. The refined, luxuriant design is reminiscent of an illumination. Hunting scenes are repeated to infinity on a series of bands, calling to mind block-print Indian textiles.

In excellent condition, this crisp example has a wonderful color palette highlighted by vivid greens and blues.

The following appears courtesy of our friends at the Vintage Fashion Guild: Hermès Paris has whispered the ultimate in luxury since 1837. Founded as a saddlery company by Thierry Hermès, the company produces scarves, ties, handbags, luggage, small leather goods, ready to wear clothing, home décor, jewelry, fragrances, and saddles. Leather goods account for nearly 30% of their revenue, with scarves contributing 12 percent and clothing 15 percent. Hermès continues to be 80 percent family owned, with the remaining 20 percent traded on the Paris Bourse. One of the company’s most recognizable products, Hermès’ scarves are hand-printed using multiple silk screens and hand stitched. Hermès produced their first silk scarf in 1928 and over 25,000 designs have been released to date. The company currently creates two scarf collections per year — in addition to issuing reprints of earlier designs and special editions.

We are members of The Vintage Fashion Guild, certified Gemologist Appraisers and cheerfully provide a full "no questions asked" refund policy with no restocking fee. We encourage your questions, welcome your layaway proposals and constantly scrutinize the day-to-day operations of our shop in an effort to provide the very best in customer service. Sold items are carefully packaged and usually shipped within twenty-four hours of cleared funds. In the unlikely event we cannot ship your item within that period you will be notified.

Item ID: I-1505


PLEASE NOTE: We offer a number of shipping options viewable by clicking on "Change Location" or "More Services" to the right. Flexible layaway terms are available as is ring sizing, and we are always happy to answer any of your questions.

Gender: Female, Age Group: Adult, Color: Green / Blue, Size: 90 cm

Vintage Hermès Chasse En Inde Silk Scarf In Original Box

$325 USD

Add to Cart Make Offer
Questions about this item?
Email Shop

5 other shoppers have this item in their Cart or Wish List


Marzilli Vintage


Marzilli Vintage / Francis or Lynne Marzilli
New Gloucester
ME
  

Antique And Estate Jewelry, Vintage Clothing and Accessories

Now Listing Spring Inventory Of Fresh To The Market Antique & Estate Jewelry & Antique & Vintage Clothing

Member since 2008

calculating shipping...
140 character limit

More from Marzilli Vintage