Antique jewelry object group: earrings
Condition: very good condition
Do you wish for a 360° view of this unique jewel?
The videoclip shows this treasure’s full splendour as no picture can.
Copy and paste the following link and it will direct you to the videoclip:
Country of origin: France
Style: something between the Late-Victorian and Belle Epoque style
- Victorian decorative arts refers to the style of decorative arts during the Victorian era. The Victorian era is known for its eclectic revival and interpretation of historic styles and the introduction of cross-cultural influences from the middle east and Asia in furniture, fittings, and Interior decoration.
Victorian design is widely viewed as having indulged in a regrettable excess of ornament.
- The Belle Époque style (Belle Époque is French for "Beautiful Era") was a period in European social history that began during the late 19th century and lasted until World War I. Occurring during the time of the French Third Republic and the German Empire, the "Belle Époque" was named in retrospect, when it began to be considered a "golden age" the major powers of Europe, new technologies improved lives and the commercial arts adapted Renaissance and eighteenth-century styles to modern forms. In the newly rich United States, emerging from the Panic of 1873, the comparable epoch was dubbed the Gilded Age. In the United Kingdom, this epoch overlaps the end of what is called the Victorian Era there and the period named the Edwardian Era.
Period: ca. 1900
Source of inspiration: Mother Nature (see also: flower symbolism)
- Ivy is a plant with great symbolism. With its evergreen leaves, it symbolizes immortality. But it also symbolizes death as it kills trees by eating their juices.
But ivy has also a romantic facet: The vitality of the plant represents stealthy joy of living. The romantic facet of ivy is based upon its tendrils which attach to a wall affectionately. In French they say 'Je m'attache ou je meurs' (I hold on or I die)!
At weddings in Greece they used to give an ivy garland for the young couple as a sign of 'everlasting love and fidelity' .
Material: Two tones of precious metal, the main part being 18K yellow gold and the white parts are either white gold or platinum. (touchstone tested)
Four rose cut diamonds and senailles. A senaille is a simplified rose cut diamond, a small diamond chip with perhaps a few polished facets. We do not have the weight of the rose cuts diamonds nor the senailles which is normal in our trade when it comes to rose cut diamonds and senailles.
- We have all diamonds screened by the IJGC-lab for whether they are natural or synthetic, and all diamonds in this jewel are 100% guaranteed to be natural!
Two natural half seed pearls.
Birthstones: Diamond is the birthstone (or month stone) for April
Hallmarks: The French control mark for 18K gold representing a horse's head that was in use in France from about 1838.
Dimensions: width 1,04 cm (0,41 inch)
- See picture with a ruler in cm and inches
Weight: 2,00 gram (1,29 dwt)
Adin Reference Nº: 21120-0398
- Copyright photography: Adin, fine antique jewelry
- The jewelry on our pictures is NOT Photoshopped
- Comes with certificate
Comes with certificate of authenticity. Free insured shipping.
Vintage French Romantic Belle Epoque Diamond and Pearl Earrings with Ivy Motive, 1900s
|Est. Sales Tax:||TBD|