Antique jewelry object group: thimble
Condition: very good condition
Do you wish for a 360° view of this unique jewel?
The videoclip shows this treasure’s full splendour as no picture can.
Copy and paste the following link and it will direct you to the videoclip:
Country of origin: France
- Victorian decorative arts refers to the style of decorative arts during the Victorian era. The Victorian era is known for its eclectic revival and interpretation of historic styles and the introduction of cross-cultural influences from the middle east and Asia in furniture, fittings, and Interior decoration. Victorian design is widely viewed as having indulged in a regrettable excess of ornament. The Arts and Crafts movement, the aesthetic movement, Anglo-Japanese style, and Art Nouveau style have their beginnings in the late Victorian era.
Period: ca. 1890
Source of inspiration: Mother Nature
Theme: Three leaf clover or Shamrock
- The shamrock was traditionally used for its medical properties and was a popular motif in Victorian times. According to what the Oxford English Dictionary calls "a late tradition" (first recorded in 1726), the plant was used by Saint Patrick to illustrate the doctrine of the Trinity. However, the posthumous timing of this legend (coming some 1,200 years after his death), and the lack of supporting evidence found in St. Patrick's writings have caused some to question its authenticity.
Material: 18K yellow gold (touchstone tested)
Hallmarks: The French control mark for 18K gold representing an eagle's head that was in use in France from about 1838.
Dimensions: largest diameter 1,50 cm (0,59 inch), height 2,27 cm (0,89 inch)
- See picture with a ruler in cm and inches
Weight: 5,50 gram (3,54 dwt)
Adin Reference Nº: 21111-0145
- Copyright photography: Adin, fine antique jewelry
- The jewelry on our pictures is NOT Photoshopped
- Comes with certificate
Comes with certificate of authenticity. Free insured shipping.
French Victorian 18K Gold Thimble with Three Leaf Clover Motives, 1890s
|Est. Sales Tax:||TBD|