Antique jewelry object group: engagement ring (or anniversary ring)
Condition: very good condition
Ring size Continental EU: 59 & 18¾ , Size USA: 8¾ , Size UK: R
- Free resizing (only for extreme resizing we have to charge).
Do you wish for a 360° view of this unique jewel?
The videoclip shows this treasure’s full splendour as no picture can.
Copy and paste the following link and it will direct you to the videoclip:
Country of origin: unknown
- Victorian decorative arts refers to the style of decorative arts during the Victorian era. The Victorian era is known for its eclectic revival and interpretation of historic styles and the introduction of cross-cultural influences from the middle east and Asia in furniture, fittings, and Interior decoration. Victorian design is widely viewed as having indulged in a regrettable excess of ornament. The Arts and Crafts movement, the aesthetic movement, Anglo-Japanese style, and Art Nouveau style have their beginnings in the late Victorian era.
Style specifics: We consider this to be of the Romantic Victorian Period.
This period covers the coronation of Victoria as Queen of Great Britain and Ireland, and her marriage to King Albert and their love, their devotion to their marriage and to their country are the sources of inspiration for this period. The jewels of this period are made of intricate carvings, special techniques where the enamel is subtly worked. These techniques allowed to give the jewel a certain opulence with less precious metal needed. As precious metals were really rare at that time. Highly favored (semi-) precious stones in this period are amethyst, coral, garnets, seed pearls and turquoises. The connotation is obviously sentimental, symbolic and romantic with reminiscent Gotic and/or Renaissance patterns and an abundant use of motifs like anchors, birds, branches, crosses, hearts and snakes.
Period: ca. 1840
Material: 18K yellow gold (touchstone tested)
30 old brilliant cut diamonds with an estimated weight of ± 0.90 ct. (colour and clarity: G/I, vvs/i).
- All diamond weights, color grades and clarity are approximate since stones are not removed from their mounts to preserve the integrity of the setting.
- We have all diamonds screened by the IJGC-lab for whether they are natural or synthetic, and all diamonds in this jewel are 100% guaranteed to be natural!
One vivid blue sapphire with an estimated weight of ± 1.00 ct.
- All color stone weights are approximate since stones are not removed from their mounts to preserve the integrity of the setting.
- It is a very common practice to treat gemstones to intensify their clarity or colour. The item in question has not been tested in this regard.
Birthstones: Diamond is the birthstone (or month stone) for April and sapphire for September.
Hallmarks: No trace.
Dimensions: top of ring 0,98 cm (0,39 inch) x 1,95 cm (0,77 inch)
- See picture with a ruler in cm and inches
Weight: 3,80 gram (2,44 dwt)
Adin Reference Nº: 21097-0172
- Copyright photography: Adin, fine antique jewelry
- The jewelry on our pictures is NOT Photoshopped
- Comes with certificate
Comes with certificate of authenticity. Free insured shipping.
Early Victorian Diamond and Natural Blue Sapphire Engagement Ring, 1840s - FREE Resizing*
|Est. Sales Tax:||TBD|