Antique jewelry object group: engagement ring (or anniversary ring)
Condition: very good condition
Ring size Continental EU: 55 & 17½ , Size USA: 7¼ , Size UK: O
- Free resizing (only for extreme resizing we have to charge).
Do you wish for a 360° view of this unique jewel?
The videoclip shows this treasure’s full splendour as no picture can.
Copy and paste the following link and it will direct you to the videoclip:
Country of origin: France
Style: Art Deco
- Art Deco is an eclectic artistic and design style which had its origins in Paris in the first decades of the 20th century. The style originated in the 1920s and continued to be employed until after World War II. The term "art deco" first saw wide use after an exhibition in 1966, referring to the 1925 Exposition Internationale des Arts Décoratifs et Industriels Modernes that was the culmination of high-end style modern in Paris. Led by the best designers in the decorative arts such as fashion, and interior design, Art Deco affected all areas of design throughout the 1920s and 1930s, including architecture and industrial design, as well as the visual arts such as painting, the graphic arts and film. At the time, this style was seen as elegant, glamorous, functional and modern.
Style specifics: Abstract motives and geometrical forms are quite typical for the Art Deco period. Art Deco moved away from the soft pastels and organic forms of its style predecessor, Art Nouveau, and embraced influences from many different styles and movements of the early 20th century, including Neoclassical, Constructivism, Cubism, Modernism, and Futurism. Its popularity peaked in Europe during the Roaring Twenties and continued strongly in the United States through the 1930s. Although many design movements have political or philosophical roots or intentions, Art Deco was purely decorative.
Period: ca. 1920
Material: 18K white gold (touchstone tested)
One old brilliant cut diamond with an estimated weight of ± 0.15 ct. (colour and clarity: F/H, vs/si).
26 rose cut diamonds and senailles. A senaille is a simplified rose cut diamond, a small diamond chip with perhaps a few polished facets. We do not have the weight of the rose cuts diamonds nor the senailles which is normal in our trade when it comes to rose cut diamonds and senailles.
- All diamond weights, color grades and clarity are approximate since stones are not removed from their mounts to preserve the integrity of the setting.
- We have all diamonds screened by the IJGC-lab for whether they are natural or synthetic, and all diamonds in this jewel are 100% guaranteed to be natural!
Twelve sapphires (lab produced) (also called verneuil sapphire). The fact that these stones are lab produced has no influence on the value of this jewel. Natural sapphires and lab produced sapphires were both used in this era, rather more for their effect than for their intrinsic value.
Birthstones: Diamond is the birthstone (or month stone) for April and sapphire for September.
Hallmarks: The French control mark for 18K gold representing an eagle's head that was in use in France from about 1838.
Dimensions: top of ring 1,22 cm (0,48 inch) x 1,44 cm (0,57 inch)
- See picture with a ruler in cm and inches
Weight: 3,70 gram (2,38 dwt)
Adin Reference Nº: 21070-0116
- Copyright photography: Adin, fine antique jewelry
- The jewelry on our pictures is NOT Photoshopped
- Comes with certificate
Comes with certificate of authenticity. Free insured shipping.
French Art Deco Vintage Diamond and Sapphire Engagement Ring, 1920s - FREE Resizing*
|Est. Sales Tax:||TBD|