Antique jewelry object group: necklace
Condition: very good condition
Do you wish for a 360° view of this unique jewel?
The videoclip shows this treasure’s full splendour as no picture can.
Copy and paste the following link and it will direct you to the videoclip:
Country of origin: unknown
Style: something between the Late-Victorian and Belle Epoque style
- Victorian decorative arts refers to the style of decorative arts during the Victorian era. The Victorian era is known for its eclectic revival and interpretation of historic styles and the introduction of cross-cultural influences from the middle east and Asia in furniture, fittings, and Interior decoration.
Victorian design is widely viewed as having indulged in a regrettable excess of ornament.
- The Belle Époque style (Belle Époque is French for "Beautiful Era") was a period in European social history that began during the late 19th century and lasted until World War I. Occurring during the time of the French Third Republic and the German Empire, the "Belle Époque" was named in retrospect, when it began to be considered a "golden age" the major powers of Europe, new technologies improved lives and the commercial arts adapted Renaissance and eighteenth-century styles to modern forms. In the newly rich United States, emerging from the Panic of 1873, the comparable epoch was dubbed the Gilded Age. In the United Kingdom, this epoch overlaps the end of what is called the Victorian Era there and the period named the Edwardian Era.
Style specifics: We consider this to be of The Late or Aesthetic Victorian Period.
Jewelry of this period is changing back from heavy to more smaller, romantic pieces with often whimsical motifs. Jewelers using diamonds and bright gemstones in elaborated and fine feminine pieces.
Period: ca. 1900
Material: 18K yellow gold (touchstone tested)
63 half seed pearls
Birthstones: Pearl is the birthstone (or month stone) for June.
Hallmarks: No trace of hallmarks, which is not uncommon for pieces of jewelry made around the French Revolution
Dimensions: total length necklace 46,00 cm (18,11 inch), height pendant 6,20 cm (2,44 inch)
- See picture with a ruler in cm and inches
Weight: 9,30 gram (5,98 dwt)
Adin Reference Nº: 21064-0291
- Copyright photography: Adin, fine antique jewelry
- The jewelry on our pictures is NOT Photoshopped
- Comes with certificate
Comes with certificate of authenticity. Free insured shipping.
Late Victorian 18 Karat Gold Necklace with Guirlandes set with Natural Half Seed Pearls, 1900s
|Est. Sales Tax:||TBD|