Antique jewelry object group: engagement ring (or anniversary ring)
Condition: very good condition
Ring size Continental EU: 60 & 19¼ , Size USA: 9¼ , Size UK: S
- Free resizing (only for extreme resizing we have to charge).
Do you wish for a 360° view of this unique jewel?
The videoclip shows this treasure’s full splendour as no picture can.
Copy and paste the following link and it will direct you to the videoclip:
Country of origin: unknown
Style: Art Nouveau
- Art Nouveau (French for New Style) is an international movement and style of art, architecture and applied art - especially the decorative arts - that peaked in popularity at the turn of the 20th century (1890–1905).
The name "Art Nouveau" is French for "new art". It is also known as Jugendstil, German for "youth style", named after the magazine Jugend, which promoted it, and in Italy, Stile Liberty from the department store in London, Liberty & Co., which popularised the style, and in Holland as “Sla-olie-stijl”, Dutch for “salad oil style” after a advertisement poster for this product that was made in that style.
A reaction to academic art of the 19th century, it is characterized by organic, especially floral and other plant-inspired motifs, as well as highly stylized, flowing curvilinear forms. Art Nouveau is an approach to design according to which artists should work on everything from architecture to furniture, making art part of everyday life. Although Art Nouveau fell out of favour with the arrival of 20th-century modernist styles, it is seen today as an important bridge between the historicism of Neoclassicism and modernism.
Style specifics: Art Nouveau
- Although Art Nouveau took on distinctly localised tendencies as its geographic spread increase some general characteristics are indicative of the form. A description published in Pan magazine of Hermann Obrist's wall-hanging Cyclamen (1894) described it as "sudden violent curves generated by the crack of a whip", which became well known during the early spread of Art Nouveau.
Subsequently, not only did the work itself become better known as The Whiplash, but the term "whiplash" is frequently applied to the characteristic curves employed by Art Nouveau artists. Such decorative "whiplash" motifs, formed by dynamic, undulating, and flowing lines in a syncopated rhythm, are found throughout the architecture, painting, sculpture, and other forms of Art Nouveau design.
Period: ca. 1900
Material: Two tones of precious metal, the main part being 18K yellow gold and the white parts are either white gold or platinum. (touchstone tested)
One old European cut diamond with an estimated weight of ± 0.75 ct
22 old brilliant cut diamonds with an estimated weight of ± 0.73 ct
- Total diamond count: 23 pcs.
- Total diamond weight: approx. 1.48 ct with an average colour and clarity H/J, vs/si
- All diamond weights, color grades and clarity are approximate since stones are not removed from their mounts to preserve the integrity of the setting.
- We have all diamonds screened by the IJGC-lab for whether they are natural or synthetic, and all diamonds in this jewel are 100% guaranteed to be natural!
Six lustrous real orient salt water seed pearls
Birthstones: Diamond is the birthstone (or month stone) for April and pearl for June.
Hallmarks: No trace.
Dimensions: length of top of ring 2,85 cm (1,12 inch)
- See picture with a ruler in millimeters and inches
Weight: 5,80 gram (3,73 dwt)
Adin Reference Nº: 21042-0185
- Copyright photography: Adin, fine antique jewelry
- The jewelry on our pictures is NOT Photoshopped
- Comes with certificate
Comes with certificate of authenticity. Free insured shipping.
Magnificent Art Nouveau Diamond and Pearl Engagement Ring, 1900s - FREE Resizing*
|Est. Tax:||We are unable to obtain a tax quote at this time.|