Antique jewelry object group: bracelet
Condition: very good condition
Do you wish for a 360° view of this unique jewel?
The videoclip shows this treasure’s full splendour as no picture can.
Copy and paste the following link and it will direct you to the videoclip:
Country of origin: Netherlands
- Victorian decorative arts refers to the style of decorative arts during the Victorian era. The Victorian era is known for its eclectic revival and interpretation of historic styles and the introduction of cross-cultural influences from the middle east and Asia in furniture, fittings, and Interior decoration. Victorian design is widely viewed as having indulged in a regrettable excess of ornament. The Arts and Crafts movement, the aesthetic movement, Anglo-Japanese style, and Art Nouveau style have their beginnings in the late Victorian era.
Period: ca. 1955
Source of inspiration: Although recently made, the artist making this ring was clearly inspired by the Victorian style. In the Netherlands this type of jewelry has always been very popular. Therefore it is no surprise that till late in the 20th Century the Dutch goldsmiths were reproducing it.
Material: 14k yellow gold and silver. (touchstone tested)
- See also: The silver on gold technique
Silver on gold technique: This technique was very often used with jewelry containing diamonds because jewelers of that time believed that only a silver mounting could render the true beauty of a precious stone. They were also aware of the fact that silver jewelry often left black stains on clothing or skin, so they resolved the matter by coating the backs of the jewels in gold.
Technique: The rose cuts are set on foil. This is a special technique that was used to bring the lustre of the diamonds to its best quality.
Nine large and 67 smaller rose cut diamonds. We do not have the weight of the diamonds which is normal in our trade when it comes to rose cuts.
- We have all diamonds screened by the IJGC-lab for whether they are natural or synthetic, and all diamonds in this jewel are 100% guaranteed to be natural!
Birthstones: Diamond is the birthstone (or month stone) for April.
Hallmarks: The Dutch control mark representing an oak leaf with the number 585, for 14K gold, that is in use since 1953.
Dimensions: length 16,30 cm (6,42 inch), widest part of bracelet 1,41 cm (0,56 inch)
- See picture with a ruler in cm and inches
Weight: 17,50 gram (11,25 dwt)
Adin Reference Nº: 21028-0239
- Copyright photography: Adin, fine antique jewelry
- The jewelry on our pictures is NOT Photoshopped
- Comes with certificate
Comes with certificate of authenticity. Free insured shipping.
Typical Dutch Large Rose Cut Diamond Bracelet in Victorian Style, 1955s
|Est. Sales Tax:||TBD|