Allow us to share the childlike joy of the wonder of being chosen for landing as a temporary safe haven by such an innocent earthling as a ladybug.
All the way from Italy, this vintage bejeweled ladybug brooch fluttered down in our Garden of Adin. Its adorable stature of 21 brilliant cut diamonds in 18K white gold is topped with marvelous 18K yellow gold guilloche engraved wings in transparent red enamel with black enamel dots.
This one's all set for its following flight. Will you be the next one chosen by this ladybug to be granted good fortune?
Antique jewelry object group: brooch
Condition: very good condition
Do you wish for a 360° view of this unique jewel?
Just send us your request and we’ll give you the direct link to the videoclip showing this treasure’s full splendour as no picture can.
Country of origin: Italy
Period: ca. 1980
Source of inspiration: Mother Nature
- Many cultures consider ladybirds lucky and have nursery rhymes or local names for the insects that reflect this. For instance, the Turkish name for the insect is ugur böcegi, literally meaning 'good luck bug'. In many countries, including Russia, Turkey, and Italy, the sight of a coccinellid is either a call to make a wish or a sign that a wish will soon be granted.
Material: 18K white gold (touchstone tested)
- Enamelling is an old and widely-adopted technology. The ancient Egyptians applied enamels to pottery and stone objects. The ancient Greeks, Celts, Russians, and Chinese also used enameling processes on metal objects. Enamel is the colorful result of fusing powdered glass to a substrate by firing, usually between 750 and 850 degrees Celsius. The powder melts and flows and hardens to a smooth, durable vitreous coating on metal, glass or ceramic. According to some sources, the word enamel comes from the High German word smelzan (to smelt) via the Old French esmail. Used as a noun, "an enamel" is a usually small decorative object, coated with enamel coating, such as a champlevé or a cloisonné (different techniques).
21 modern brilliant cut diamonds with an estimated weight of ± 0.60ct. (colour and clarity: E/G, vs/si).
- All diamond weights, color grades and clarity are approximate since stones are not removed from their mounts to preserve the integrity of the setting.
- We have all diamonds screened by the IJGC-lab for whether they are natural or synthetic, and all diamonds in this jewel are 100% guaranteed to be natural!
Birthstones: Diamond is the birthstone (or month stone) for April.
Hallmarks: Italian hallmarks for 18K and the makers mark
Dimensions: 2,32 cm (0,91 inch) x 1,66 cm (0,65 inch) - See picture with a ruler in cm and inches
Weight: 10,00 gram (6,43 dwt)
Adin Reference Nº: 20213-0004
- Copyright photography: Adin, fine antique jewelry
- The jewelry on our pictures is NOT Photoshopped
- Comes with certificate
Comes with certificate of authenticity. Free insured shipping.
Vintage Enameled White Gold Ladybug Brooch with Diamonds, 1980s
|Est. Sales Tax:||TBD|