Antique jewelry object group: can be worn as pin or easily changed into a pendant (by our team of specialised goldsmiths)
Condition: very good condition
Do you wish for a 360° view of this unique jewel?
The videoclip shows this treasure’s full splendour as no picture can.
Copy and paste the following link and it will direct you to the videoclip:
Country of origin: France
- Victorian decorative arts refers to the style of decorative arts during the Victorian era. The Victorian era is known for its eclectic revival and interpretation of historic styles and the introduction of cross-cultural influences from the middle east and Asia in furniture, fittings, and Interior decoration. Victorian design is widely viewed as having indulged in a regrettable excess of ornament. The Arts and Crafts movement, the aesthetic movement, Anglo-Japanese style, and Art Nouveau style have their beginnings in the late Victorian era.
Style specifics: We consider this to be of The Late or Aesthetic Victorian Period.
Jewelry of this period is changing back from heavy to more smaller, romantic pieces with often whimsical motifs. Jewelers using diamonds and bright gemstones in elaborated and fine feminine pieces.
Period: ca. 1890
Theme: kitten playing with ball
Material: 18K yellow gold (touchstone tested)
Extra information: the oval shape on which the kitten is standing is a seal with the mongram DC (in mirror writing)
Six rose cut diamonds. We do not have the weight of the diamonds which is normal in our trade when it comes to rose cuts.
- We have all diamonds screened by the IJGC-lab for whether they are natural or synthetic, and all diamonds in this jewel are 100% guaranteed to be natural!
Two emeralds with an estimated weight of ± 0.01 ct.
- All color stone weights are approximate since stones are not removed from their mounts to preserve the integrity of the setting.
- It is a very common practice to treat gemstones to intensify their clarity or colour. The item in question has not been tested in this regard.
Birthstones: Diamond is the birthstone (or month stone) for April, emerald for May and pearl for June.
Hallmarks: The French control mark for 18K gold representing an eagle's head that was in use in France from about 1838.
Dimensions: length kitten 1,55 cm (0,61 inch)
- See picture with a ruler in cm and inches
Weight: 7,90 gram (5,08 dwt)
Adin Reference Nº: 20195-0149
- Copyright photography: Adin, fine antique jewelry
- The jewelry on our pictures is NOT Photoshopped
- Comes with certificate
Comes with certificate of authenticity. Free insured shipping.
Antique Gold Pin Kitten with Diamond Collar Playing with Little Pearl on Seal, 1890s
|Est. Sales Tax:||TBD|