Antique jewelry object group: ring
Condition: very good condition
Ring size Continental: 61 & 19½ , Size US 9½ , Size UK: S½
- Free resizing (only for extreme resizing we have to charge).
Do you wish for a 360° view of this unique jewel?
Just send us your request and we’ll give you the direct link to the videoclip showing this treasure’s full splendour as no picture can.
Country of origin: Although it does not carry any legible control marks we believe this to be of Belgian origin.
- Victorian decorative arts refers to the style of decorative arts during the Victorian era. The Victorian era is known for its eclectic revival and interpretation of historic styles and the introduction of cross-cultural influences from the middle east and Asia in furniture, fittings, and Interior decoration. Victorian design is widely viewed as having indulged in a regrettable excess of ornament. The Arts and Crafts movement, the aesthetic movement, Anglo-Japanese style, and Art Nouveau style have their beginnings in the late Victorian era.
Style specifics: We consider this to be of the Grand Victorian Period.
This second Victorian period is famous for its ostentatious pieces set with pearls and diamonds (from South Africa). From ca. 1850 wealthy English had reported about jewelry from India and Japan, which heavily inspired the jewelers of this period. This period also corresponds with the death of Queen Victoria's husband King Albert making mourning jewelry (set with heavy dark stones) the type of jewelry specific for this period.
Period: ca. 1870
Material: 18k pink gold and silver. (touchstone tested)
- See also: The silver on gold technique
Silver on gold technique: This technique was very often used with jewelry containing diamonds because jewelers of that time believed that only a silver mounting could render the true beauty of a precious stone. They were also aware of the fact that silver jewelry often left black stains on clothing or skin, so they resolved the matter by coating the backs of the jewels in gold.
Technique: The rose cuts are set on foil. This is a special technique that was used to bring the lustre of the diamonds to its best quality.
Seven rose cut diamonds . We do not have the weight of the diamonds which is normal in our trade when it comes to rose cuts.
- All diamond weights, color grades and clarity are approximate since stones are not removed from their mounts to preserve the integrity of the setting.
- We have all diamonds screened by the IJGC-lab for whether they are natural or synthetic, and all diamonds in this jewel are 100% guaranteed to be natural!
Birthstones: Diamond is the birthstone (or month stone) for April.
Hallmarks: No trace.
Dimensions: band width of top of ring 1,08 cm (0,43 inch) - See picture with a ruler in cm and inches
Weight: 3,30 gram (2,12 dwt)
Adin Reference Nº: 20069-0084
- Copyright photography: Adin, fine antique jewelry
- The jewelry on our pictures is NOT Photoshopped
- Comes with certificate
Comes with certificate of authenticity. Free insured shipping.
Antique Victorian Gold Engagement Ring with Diamonds, 1870s
|Est. Sales Tax:||TBD|