Even in these times, antique jewellery proves to be as contemporary as ever as carriers of powerful timeless messages.
Take this 18K yellow gold Victorian dragon fly for example. In all freedom, it enjoys fluttering on the spring breeze and roaming over the pond's surface. Whenever the time of day is cold, it will hold still between the bushes clipping its legs firmly around a branch while waiting until the sun is strong enough to warm the world again. But never will it allow itself to be caged in.
Antique jewelry object group: hair piece / brooch
Condition: very good condition
Do you wish for a 360° view of this unique jewel?
Just send us your request and we’ll give you the direct link to the videoclip showing this treasure’s full splendour as no picture can.
Country of origin: unknown
- Victorian decorative arts refers to the style of decorative arts during the Victorian era. The Victorian era is known for its eclectic revival and interpretation of historic styles and the introduction of cross-cultural influences from the middle east and Asia in furniture, fittings, and Interior decoration. Victorian design is widely viewed as having indulged in a regrettable excess of ornament. The Arts and Crafts movement, the aesthetic movement, Anglo-Japanese style, and Art Nouveau style have their beginnings in the late Victorian era.
Style specifics: We consider this to be of The Late or Aesthetic Victorian Period.
Jewelry of this period is changing back from heavy to more smaller, romantic pieces with often whimsical motifs. Jewelers using diamonds and bright gemstones in elaborated and fine feminine pieces.
Period: ca. 1890
Source of inspiration: Mother Nature
Material: 18K yellow gold (touchstone tested)
Technique: By the use of a clever coil spring, the wings can be squeezed together so that a hook system opens at the back of the butterfly. When the tension on the wings is released, the hooks on the back come together again and engage in the hair or fabric on which they are placed.
Six rose cut diamonds . We do not have the weight of the diamonds which is normal in our trade when it comes to rose cuts.
- All diamond weights, color grades and clarity are approximate since stones are not removed from their mounts to preserve the integrity of the setting.
- We have all diamonds screened by the IJGC-lab for whether they are natural or synthetic, and all diamonds in this jewel are 100% guaranteed to be natural!
Four rubies with an estimated weight of ± 0.16ct.
- All color stone weights are approximate since stones are not removed from their mounts to preserve the integrity of the setting.
Birthstones: Diamond is the birthstone (or month stone) for April and ruby for July.
Hallmarks: No trace.
Dimensions: width 3,63 cm (1,43 inch) - See picture with a ruler in cm and inches
Weight: 3,30 gram (2,12 dwt)
Adin Reference Nº: 20057-0081
- Copyright photography: Adin, fine antique jewelry
- The jewelry on our pictures is NOT Photoshopped
- Comes with certificate
Comes with certificate of authenticity. Free insured shipping.
Antique Victorian Hair Clip Brooch 18 Karat Gold Dragonfly Diamonds and Rubies, 1890s
|Est. Sales Tax:||TBD|