Antique jewelry object group: bar brooch
Condition: excellent condition
Do you wish for a 360° view of this unique jewel?
The videoclip shows this treasure’s full splendour as no picture can.
Copy and paste the following link and it will direct you to the videoclip:
Country of origin: Although it does not carry any legible control marks we believe this to be of Belgian origin.
- Victorian decorative arts refers to the style of decorative arts during the Victorian era. The Victorian era is known for its eclectic revival and interpretation of historic styles and the introduction of cross-cultural influences from the middle east and Asia in furniture, fittings, and Interior decoration. Victorian design is widely viewed as having indulged in a regrettable excess of ornament. The Arts and Crafts movement, the aesthetic movement, Anglo-Japanese style, and Art Nouveau style have their beginnings in the late Victorian era.
Style specifics: We consider this to be of the Grand Victorian Period.
This second Victorian period is famous for its ostentatious pieces set with pearls and diamonds (from South Africa). From ca. 1850 wealthy English had reported about jewelry from India and Japan, which heavily inspired the jewelers of this period. This period also corresponds with the death of Queen Victoria's husband King Albert making mourning jewelry (set with heavy dark stones) the type of jewelry specific for this period.
Period: ca. 1870
Material: 18k pink gold and silver. (touchstone tested)
- See also: The silver on gold technique
Silver on gold technique: This technique was very often used with jewelry containing diamonds because jewelers of that time believed that only a silver mounting could render the true beauty of a precious stone. They were also aware of the fact that silver jewelry often left black stains on clothing or skin, so they resolved the matter by coating the backs of the jewels in gold.
34 rose cut diamonds. We do not have the weight of the diamonds which is normal in our trade when it comes to rose cuts.
- We have all diamonds screened by the IJGC-lab for whether they are natural or synthetic, and all diamonds in this jewel are 100% guaranteed to be natural!
Eight natural salt water pearls
Birthstones: Diamond is the birthstone (or month stone) for April and pearl for June.
Hallmarks: No trace.
Dimensions: width 14,00 cm (5,51 inch)
- See picture with a ruler in cm and inches
Weight: 23,30 gram (14,98 dwt)
Adin Reference Nº: 19231-0288
- Copyright photography: Adin, fine antique jewelry
- The jewelry on our pictures is NOT Photoshopped
- Comes with certificate
Comes with certificate of authenticity. Free insured shipping.
Stunning Large Victorian Diamond and Pearl Arrow Bar Brooch, 1870s
|Est. Sales Tax:||TBD|