Antique jewelry object group: long pendent earrings
Condition: excellent condition
Do you wish for a 360° view of this unique jewel?
Just send us your request and we’ll give you the direct link to the videoclip showing this treasure’s full splendour as no picture can.
Country of origin: Although it does not carry any legible control marks we believe this to be of Portuguese origin.
- Rococo (less commonly roccoco) also referred to as "Late Baroque" is an 18th century style which developed as Baroque artists gave up their symmetry and became increasingly more ornate, florid, and playful. Rococo rooms were designed as total works of art with elegant and ornate furniture, small sculptures, ornamental mirrors, and tapestry complementing architecture, reliefs, and wall paintings. It was largely supplanted by the Neoclassic style. In 1835 the Dictionary of the French Academy stated that the word Rococo "usually covers the kind of ornament, style and design associated with Louis XV's reign and the beginning of that of Louis XVI". It includes therefore, all types of art produced around the middle of the 18th century in France.
Style specifics: Rococo is a style of decoration that followed, c.1730, the baroque style in France (where it was also called rocaille), the principal features of which are asymmetry of ornament and a repertoire consisting to a considerable extent of rockwork, shells, flowers, foliage, and scrollwork. It was developed in France under Louis XV, 1715-74, and spread to Italy, Germany, and Austria and to a lesser extent to England.
Period: ca. 1730-1750
Material: 19,2K yellow gold (touchstone tested)
Technique: The rose cuts are set on foil. This is a special technique that was used to bring the lustre of the diamonds to its best quality.
48 rose cut diamonds and senailles. A senaille is a simplified rose cut diamond, a small diamond chip with perhaps a few polished facets. We do not have the weight of the rose cuts diamonds nor the senailles which is normal in our trade when it comes to rose cut diamonds and senailles.
- We have all diamonds screened by the IJGC-lab for whether they are natural or synthetic, and all diamonds in this jewel are 100% guaranteed to be natural!
Birthstones: Diamond is the birthstone (or month stone) for April.
Hallmarks: No trace.
Dimensions: height 8,96 cm (3,53 inch)
- See picture with a ruler in cm and inches
Weight: 17,70 gram (11,38 dwt)
Adin Reference Nº: 16107-0027
- Copyright photography: Adin, fine antique jewelry
- The jewelry on our pictures is NOT Photoshopped
- Comes with certificate
Comes with certificate of authenticity. Free insured shipping.
300 yrs old Antique long Pendent Earrings with Rose Cut Diamonds High Carat Gold, 1730s
|Est. Sales Tax:||TBD|