This 18K yellow gold Art Nouveau ring from 1900 has grown an iris to grasp a natural fancy colour old cut oval diamond of 0.80 carat. The scintillating fire within the warm brown diamond and the elegance of the iris compel you into an ambiance of vitality and purity while the gold shank swirls around your finger.
Antique jewelry object group: engagement ring (or anniversary ring)
Condition: excellent condition
Ring size Continental: 56 & 17¾ , Size US 7½ , Size UK: O½
- Free resizing (only for extreme resizing we have to charge).
Do you wish for a 360° view of this unique jewel?
The videoclip shows this treasure’s full splendour as no picture can.
Copy and paste the following link and it will direct you to the videoclip:
Country of origin: France
Style: Art Nouveau
- Art Nouveau (French for New Style) is an international movement and style of art, architecture and applied art - especially the decorative arts - that peaked in popularity at the turn of the 20th century (1890–1905).
The name "Art Nouveau" is French for "new art". It is also known as Jugendstil, German for "youth style", named after the magazine Jugend, which promoted it, and in Italy, Stile Liberty from the department store in London, Liberty & Co., which popularised the style, and in Holland as “Sla-olie-stijl”, Dutch for “salad oil style” after a advertisement poster for this product that was made in that style.
A reaction to academic art of the 19th century, it is characterized by organic, especially floral and other plant-inspired motifs, as well as highly stylized, flowing curvilinear forms. Art Nouveau is an approach to design according to which artists should work on everything from architecture to furniture, making art part of everyday life. Although Art Nouveau fell out of favour with the arrival of 20th-century modernist styles, it is seen today as an important bridge between the historicism of Neoclassicism and modernism.
Period: ca. 1900
Source of inspiration: flower symbolism
Material: 18K yellow gold. (touchstone tested)
One ovalish old cut diamond, natural brown color with an estimated weight of approximately 0.80 ct.
- All diamond weights, color grades and clarity are approximate since stones are not removed from their mounts to preserve the integrity of the setting.
- We have all diamonds screened by the IJGC-lab for whether they are natural or synthetic, and all diamonds in this jewel are 100% guaranteed to be natural!
Birthstones: Diamond is the birthstone (or month stone) for April.
Hallmarks: The French control mark for 18K gold representing an eagle's head that was in use in France from about 1838.
Dimensions: length of top of ring 2.16 cm (0.85 inch)
- See picture with a ruler in cm and inches
Weight: 8.90 gram (5.72 dwt)
Adin Reference Nº: 10343-0048
- Copyright photography: Adin, fine antique jewelry
- The jewelry on our pictures is NOT Photoshopped
- Comes with certificate
Comes with certificate of authenticity. Free insured shipping.
Antique French Art Nouveau Unisex Diamond Yellow Gold Flowery Ring, 1900s - FREE Resizing*
|Est. Sales Tax:||TBD|