An antique wooded clip board featuring a metal Shannon Arch clip This particular board carries the Scrantom's Stationery name on the clip with Y&E underneath. The Yawman & Erbe Mfg. Co. purchased the company that patented this clip system in 1889. We also see a clip at the base of the board to keep the bottom of invoices and order sheets flat.
Henry Scrantom and Lansing Wetmore founded the Scrantom's Stationery Company in 1868 with a store at 10 State St, Rochester, NY. The business originally carried both their names. They specialized in books, writing pens, and fine stationery. We would place this clip board right around the turn of the 20th Century.
Measures 14 1/2 inches long and 9 inches wide. The wood is clean and without damage with a nice shiny finish. The metal shows age related patina. Both clips are in good working order.