An antique sewing machine accessories case specifically for The Free sewing machine. This is loaded with items but, since we are not seamstresses, we can not tell you exactly was is here. The case is a very hard plastic and is lined with purple velvet. The patent date on the accessories is 1891 and has The Free on the lid of the case.
The St. John Sewing Machine Company, which was the predecessor of the Free S.M.Co., was founded in 1870. In 1883, it was renamed the Royal Sewing Machine Company. After the company relocated to Rockford, Illinois, it was renamed once again in 1897 as The Free Sewing Machine Company after company president William C. Free.
Measures 7 inches long, 3 inches wide and 2 inches deep. Everything looks to be in good order. The accessories barely looked used.
10 other shoppers have this item in their Cart or Wish List
Curio - an object displayed for its attractiveness or interest
Intriguing estate finds in antiques, vintage collectibles, silver, jewelry and more.