A sterling stamp dispenser for roll of stamps engraved with the letters ASP on the lid. The interior where the stamp roll is placed is finished in gold vermeil. The first coil (roll) stamps were issued on February 18, 1908 by the United States Postal service in response to requests from businesses. The lid is monogrammed with ASP.
The hallmark tells us that this was manufactured by R. Blackington & Co. which was located in North Attleboro, MA. Founded in 1862 and sold in 1967 to Wells Inc. Based on when rolls of stamps starting being produced, we would estimate that this dates to the first decade of the 20th century.
This measures 2 inches in diameter. There is some scratching to the bottom table surface.