This simply elegant KPM Berlin Porcelain has the eagle with scepter mark used from 1844-1847. It along with the other set offered came from a lifetime collection of fine antiques of a lifelong collector. The deep purity of the white and the form of this Berlin porcelain cup and saucer is pure elegance. Both the cup and saucer are marked with the KPM emblem. The cup measures 3.25" high, 3.75" at the high elegant handle. The saucer is 5.75" in diameter and is deep dish in shape. KPM Berlin Porcelain at its most simply beautiful elegance.
Truly a royal company, the Royal Porcelain factory in Berlin ( Königliche Porzellan-Manufaktur) was also known as the Royal Porcelain Manufactory Berlin. The KPM porcelain products are generally called Berlin porcelain. The KPM factory was founded in 1763 by King Frederick II of Prussia when he took over the factory from a Berlin business man named Johann Ernst Gotzkowsky. The king allowed the company to use his emblem, a cobalt-blue scepter. KPM was owned by seven kings and emperors until the abdication of Emperor William II in 1918.
KPM Berlin Porcelain Cup and Saucer 1844-1847
$115 24% Off
You save $28