A striking antique cast bronze exterior facade ornament, circa 1920 and salvaged from the beaux-arts style Western Union Telegraph Company building in St.Louis, MO . Designed by noted architect, Welles Bosworth, the building was one of 15 regional switching stations which were located throughout the country and formed a "hub-and-spoke" network allowing the exchange and transmission of millions of telegrams. Construction of the building was completed in 1926 by Dwight P. Robinson & Company, the details of the foundry which produced it's facade ornaments are unknown. Found in each of the street-level window bays, the beautifully cast and oversized facade ornament features a lightning-enveloped earth. This symbolic exterior ornament is in excellent condition and has it's original beautifully aged patina. It measures 116-3/4" long and 25" tall; the globe is 22-1/4" in diameter.