Offered is a fabulous pair of antique brass wall sconces, in the Sheffield, ribbed style. Made about 1915, they are somewhat unusual, as they can be used as wall lights (as shown) or mounted on the ceiling in a narrow space, since the socket can hand down straight. They would be well suited for use on a slanted ceiling, too.
The arm is heavy reeded brass tube, leading to a bell flower swivel, which allows the shade to hang down if on a wall or ceiling. The shades are Steuben Aurene Art Glass, and in great shape. One fitter has some nicks, but nothing to worry about. The shades still have a faint silver Steuben mark on the fitters.
- Measurements - Note: The backplate is large enough to cover the average electrical box, at 4-1/2" x 8".
- High 5-1/4"
- Wide 3-1/2"
- Maximum 8-3/4" without shades
- Minimum 6-1/4" without shades.
- 12-1/2" with shades
- 9-1/2" without shades (about 16" with pull chains)
- About 5-1/4" with shades
- About 4-1/2" without shades
Pair Antique Sheffield Style Brass Wall Sconces - Steuben Art Glass Aurene Shades