Israel vintage postcard with view at Atlid.
Inscription in Cyrillic and Latin. Published in Jaffa. Fine condition.
Atlit (Hebrew: עַתְלִית) is a coastal town located south of Haifa, Israel. Originally an outpost of the Crusaders, it fell in 1291.
In 1880, the Survey of Western Palestine notes the existence of a small Arab village of mud huts with a population of 200. In 1903, Jewish settlers build a nearby village which they also called Atlit.
During the British Mandate of Palestine, the Arab and Jewish villages were treated statistically as part of the same community.
Old Israel Postcard: Atlit