Five double decks of cards – 2 made by Hoyle, 1 by Brown & Bigelow, 1 by Gemaco, and 1 by United States Playing Card Co. – that are noteworthy because they are "put together" cards. If you put the backs of the cards from the two decks together they form one image. Each double deck is available for $15; all 5 cost $60. Each double deck is described briefly below:
* Double deck of cards by Hoyle, based upon a painting by Lionel Barrymore depicting a seaside scene. These cards are also bridge size and are in excellent condition, except that there is a very faint yellowing along the top edge of the face of each card. There are 52 cards in each deck plus 2 Jokers.
* Mint, sealed double deck of cards made by Brown & Bigelow (Redislip brand) c.1981. These cards are bridge size. Presumably each deck has 52 cards, plus at least 1 Joker. The cards come in a hard plastic box that says, "Christmas 1981 – Best Wishes – Scurfield Coal, Inc." The cards themselves do not have advertising.
* Mint, sealed double deck of cards made by USPC for Remington housed in a tin inside a sleeve These cards are wide poker size. Presumably each deck has 52 cards, plus at least 1 Joker.
* Double deck of bridge size cards made by Hoyle, featuring a cat on one deck and a vase of flowers on the other, with the flowers extending to the cat deck. Both decks are in excellent very lightly used condition. There are 52 cards in each deck plus 2 Jokers.
• Mint, sealed double deck of cards made by Gemaco for Red Hook Brewery, with each deck showing one half of an illustration of the brewery. The cards are bridge size, and come in the original hard plastic box.
This shop also offers 2 Piatnik “put together” sets, also for $15 each, in a group of Piatnik double decks (T00001665).
RATES QUOTED FOR DOMESTIC SHIPPING AND INSURANCE ASSUME THAT ALL 5 DOUBLE DECKS ARE PURCHASED. IF LESS THAN ALL 5 ARE PURCHASED THE COST OF SHIPPING AND INSURANCE MAY BE LESS.
Thanks for visiting.
Playing Cards and Card Game Collectibles
Antique and Vintage Playing Cards, Cribbage Boards, Whist Markers, Trump Indicators, Game Boxes, and Other Card Game Items