Seven decks of airline playing cards. Each is available separately for $5; all 7 are for sale for $25. Each is described briefly below. THE SINGAPORE AIRLINES DECK SHOWN IN THE FEATURED PICTURE FOR THIS LISTING HAS BEEN SOLD AND IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.
• Mint, sealed (cards, not box) deck of cards made in China for the short-lived, Dallas-based airline, Legend Airlines. Legend operated for a matter of months in 2000 out of Love Field in Dallas. It filed for bankruptcy in 2005, having spent most of its existence in litigation with American Airlines. One day these cards will probably be a collector’s item, as the Airline will be a fascinating footnote in the history of American aviation. I assume that the deck has 52 cards plus at least 2 Jokers. The cards are mint and sealed, and the box is “as new.”
• Excellent set of the British Airways “History of Flight” cards, made by Waddington, featuring pictures of different airplanes on each of the suited cards. The deck has 52 suited cards, plus 2 special Waddington Jokers, plus a card listing the various airplanes, plus a card advertising the deck. The cards are bridge size. The cards are “as new,” and the box is in excellent condition, “as new” or very nearly so.
• A mint deck made by Hoyle (its Kent brand) for Air Atlanta, an Atlanta-based airline that lasted from 1984 to 1987 when it filed for bankruptcy. Air Atlanta was unique in that every seat on every flight was a first class seat, with meals served on white linen with fine China and crystal. The deck has 52 cards, plus 2 standard Kent Jokers. The cards are bridge size, and come in the original box.
• Mint, sealed deck made by Hoyle for USAir, presumably between 1979 and 1997 when USAir operated under that name. I assume that the deck has at least 52 suited cards, plus 2 Jokers. The cards are bridge size. The cards and box are mint and sealed.
• Excellent “Cards that Talk” deck made by USPC for Northwest Airlines c.1978. Each card has and English sentence, question or phrase with Japanese, Korean and Chinese translations. The deck has 52 suited cards, plus 2 Jokers, plus a paper insert. The cards are bridge size. The cards are “as new,” and the box has minor shelf wear, with a remnant of the USPC stamp.
• Excellent deck of cards made by USPC for Air Canada. The deck has 52 cards, plus 2 Jokers. The cards are bridge size, and come in the original box. The cards are in excellent condition, lightly used if at all; the box is in very good condition, with some shelf wear, especially at the edges and corners.
• Excellent set of Air New Zealand patience size cards, made in British Hong Kong. The deck has 52 suited cards, plus 2 Jokers. As noted, the cards are patience size, measuring 63mm x 43mm, and come in the original box. The cards are in excellent, lightly used condition; the box is in very good condition, relatively clean but with shelf wear.
THE AMOUNT SHOWN FOR DOMESTIC SHIPPING ASSUMES THAT ALL 7 DECKS ARE PURCHASED; IF FEWER DECKS ARE PURCHASED, SHIPPING WILL BE LESS.
Thanks for visiting.
Playing Cards and Card Game Collectibles
Antique and Vintage Playing Cards, Cribbage Boards, Whist Markers, Trump Indicators, Game Boxes, and Other Card Game Items